Members PrivacyGDPR information for members
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
On behalf of the Fishery your Committee are required to comply with the standards of GDPR (which came into force on 25thMay 2018) and to be completely transparent about how your personal information is collected, stored and used.
The information we hold about you
When you join or renew your membership of the Fishery you complete a form confirming your name, address, telephone number and email address.
This information is collated on a spreadsheet and stored on a password protected home computer by the Secretary.
How we use the information
- Administer the membership list and subscriptions
- Update the Committee of new members and leavers and enable them to communicate with you from time to time
- Notify members as to upcoming AGM’s, Open Days and other matters of an administrative nature relating to the running of the fishery
- With your permission, on behalf of the PPTF, we may pass on your email address or telephone number to a named individual in order that they may contact you
We will not retain your information for longer than necessary should you ask us to remove it or choose not to re-new your membership
The website will have a member only section which will be accessed via a username and password unique to you. No personal information will be collected or stored when members visit the site
Your rights regarding your personal Data
You have the right to:
- Ask that we correct or update any personal information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date
- Request access to the personal information we hold on your behalf
- Ask that we remove your personal information from our spreadsheet
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK
Safety and Security
In case any urgent safety or security matters arise at the fishery you will find the telephone numbers of all the committee members available on the Notice Board in the Fishing Hut.
We assume that if you have provided the Secretary with your name, address, email address and telephone number then you are happy for the PPTF to keep an electronic record of them and you want us to use them to keep you informed in the ways and for the purposes as described above